Sometimes if I leave too much time between entries, everything happens at once, and then I’m facing the task of the telling of it all. How about a Reader’s Digest version, at least for now? I’m so tired; I think I’m getting sick.
- I got my genome results and now have all this information I can barely understand. I think I’ll contact a genetic counselor and see if s/he will go over it all with me. I am mostly Northern European and I have genetic similarities with the following famous people:
- C3 Genghis Khan
- B2a1 Chris Rock
- E Al Roker
- E1b1a8a* Desmond Tutu
- E1b1b1c1* Napoleon Bonaparte
- G2a3b1a King Louis XVI
- I1 Jimmy Buffett, Leo Tolstoy, Warren Buffett
- I1a Alexander Hamilton
- J Matt Lauer
- J2a1b Dr. Oz, Mike Nichols
- O1a1 Yo-Yo Ma
- R1a Anderson Cooper
- R1b Charlie Rose, Emperor Nicholas II of Russia, John Adams, John Quincy Adams
- R1b1 Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan
- R1b1b2a1a Malcolm Gladwell
- R1b1b2a1a2d Mario Batali
- R1b1b2a1a2f Stephen Colbert
- R1b1b2a1a2f2 Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
- R1b1c William McKinley, Woodrow Wilson, Zachary Taylor
- T Thomas Jefferson
Don’t ask me what the letters in front of the names mean, because I have no clue. I am such a Heinz 57 that I ‘m genetically similar (in order of closeness) to the: French, German, Norwegian, Irish, Austrian, English, Australian, Russian, Ukranian, Polish, Italian, Sardinian (an Italian island), North Italian, Tuscan, Basque, Curripaco, Puinave, Palestinian, Bedouin, Druze, Mayan, Pima, Surui, Karitiana, Mozabite, Byaka Pygmy, Mbuti Pygmy, Mandenkalu, Yoruban, and, last but not least, the San - one of several names used for southern African people who speak “click” languages and whose traditional means of subsistence is hunting and gathering. (yes) There is information about genetic predisposition to diease and carrier status, but not much that helps Jonah. There’s no autism gene marker, and I am not a carrier for arthritis or any eye problems. I actually have a decreased risk of just about everything. There is a “relative finder” part of the site and I am already hearing from people within the site who think they might be my 3rd or 4th cousins, based on lengths of pieces on DNA strands. Or something. I need to take their “Genetetics 101″ course. Lots more to this story but I promised the Reader’s Digest version so there you go….at least for now.
- I have decided I am going to see Pa’s fiddle and soon, damnit, come hell or high water. I turn my back on the beach this year and am flying with M to Springfield, Missouri, where we will stay for 4 nights. The first full day there is when I want to drive to Mansfield and go to the Laura Ingalls Wilder House and Museum.
* It will be my birthday! *
To end, as usual, I will post Saturday-Jonah pictures. He went to the pediatric rheumatologist on Friday and was more than a little squirrely on Saturday. But we had plenty of water fun!
…to get a cool picture of him jumping in, but (A) I’m not a photographer and (B) my camera is your average digital – always seems to take the picture a half a moment after you want it to.
Bedtime for me. It’s like 8pm. LAME.
My very DNA is achy.